Madala’s Cottage is ideal for a small family seeking accommodation in Louis Trichardt. In fact we built it because of the demand for accommodation for children. But it is equally delightful for couples! Madala’s Cottage offers:
- A small pool in front of the cottage with beautiful views of the mountain. There is a shallow section perfect for children and a deeper plunge section.
- The cottage has a large main bedroom with a double bed, with its own en-suite toilet and separate shower.
- Leading from the shower, through sliding glass doors, is an outdoor shower and double bath in an enclosed garden.
- This garden has large doors which can be opened to give wonderful views of the trees and mountain and guests are totally private. (If a cozier feel is preferred then the doors can remain closed).
- The second bedroom is small with two single beds. This bedroom has access to its own shower and toilet.
- The living room is open plan with the kitchen and dining room. There is a Jetmaster fireplace.
- The self-catering cottage is fully equipped with a 4 plate gas stove, a microwave, fridge with small freezer a braai stand outside and a fireplace on the ground. All you need bring is your food and drink!
- There is a TV and decoder with DSTV Access as well as a DVD player.
- A generous amount of firewood is provided.
The outside social area is adjacent to a beautiful orchard of large pecan nut trees which give wonderful shade in summer and dappled shade in winter. There are also stunning views of the mountain from here.
Although not as secluded as Igababa, Madala’s is very private and guests have their own entrance and can come and go as they wish.
The cottage is a no-smoking zone, smokers are kindly asked to smoke outside. We regret no pets allowed.