Fook Farmhouse Flat is a delightful, one bedroomed self-catering unit converted from the south-east corner of our large farmhouse. It is ideal for short stop-overs and for business guests who are looking for affordable accommodation.
Fook Farmhouse Flat Includes:
- A large bedroom/living room and an open plan dining room and kitchen.
- There is a covered veranda which the bedroom windows look onto.
- In front of the kitchen/dining room is a braai stand and there is a floor braai close to it. A reasonable amount of firewood is provided together with firelighters, candles and matches.
- The bathroom consists of a shower, toilet and basin.
- The kitchen is fully equipped for self-catering: all the crockery, cutlery, and glassware, all the cooking utensils you need; a four-plate gas stove; a microwave oven; kettle; fridge/freezer, toaster etc.
- There is a very efficient asbestos wall-heater in the kitchen/dining area and a mobile oil heater in the living/bedroom area. An electric blanket for winter. There is a standing fan for summertime.
- Guests have access to the Campsite pool.
- Guests may use the washing machine at the campsite.
- There is a Hairdryer, iron and ironing board.
- There is free, uncapped WiFi.
The Flat faces south and looks onto the large indigenous garden between the gate and the flat. It is peaceful and quiet with plentiful birdlife and regular sightings of bushbuck and red duiker wandering past.
The Flat is completely private from the house with its own parking area and access. The old farmhouse building has incredibly thick walls – built about 140 years ago – which ensure that the flat cannot hear main house sounds and the house cannot hear the flat!
All linen and towels are provided. All guests need to bring is their food and drink The Flat is not serviced.